Monday, December 13, 2010

The Getty Center: Song Yongping



From the J. Paul Getty exhibition,
Passage 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, My Parents Series, Song Yongping, 1998-2001,

After walking all around and studying various photos from this exhibition, I immediately knew which one was my least favorite. They were six different photos lined up, tucked away behind the left wall leaving this room. This series had some disturbing photos. They were graphic and harsh natured. The passage was explaining the loss of his parents. They portrayed a dark, but realistic outlook on life. They were so realistic, that it makes you appreciate your life and health. The one I didnt like was of his parents hooked up on medical equipment in their room, sickly looking, and his mother was not dressed. So it did give a funky take on it. This photo series was gloomy and depressing. It displayed a tragic series of events. The photos above were just two of the six there. His parents appear so unhappy and miserable, I felt depressed after I saw them.

No comments:

Post a Comment